An excursion to Coffee plantation or farms can be done in Arusha at slopes of Mt Meru or at villages in the slope of Mount Kilimanjaro.
The tourist will visit the characteristic small coffee farms that belong to the farmers who are members of Village. During the program they will become familiar with the whole process of coffee production. The visitor will also enjoy a local prepared lunch and of course a cup of local coffee will be brewed. The farmer themselves will be guiding the visitors. The main activities during the coffee tour are:
• An excursion to a nearby coffee farm;
• Coffee berry picking and pulping;
• Explanation about organic coffee farming and Fair-trade standards;
• Processing of the coffee from beans to Cup;
• Coffee drinking at the farm.